Built in the early 1860s, this landmark institution was once the Riverfront home of William McCreedy and the O’Brian Family.
The property was turned into an inn and tavern in the early 1900's, and was known Ledgers Inn.
Generations of local residents have handed down stories of large barbecues and festive square dancing on the grounds during this period.
It later became The Wilson Inn, named after Alex Wilson, a very much loved chef in town, and then the Elephant & Castle.
Following in the footsteps of a long line of entrepreneurs and small business owners, Doreen and Melissa Masset opened the Inn of the Hawke in 1993.